Thursday, January 13, 2005

Relations

The beginning of a relation is relatively easy. When we approach people we certainly touch just the surface of their personalities. As the relation gets deeper it turns more complicated, thus we happen to know the other person better.

This way we make friends with the people we feel more identified with.

As time passes by and we interact with each other, we develop a stronger feeling from this involvement. Then we care for that one in a special way, and we feel good whenever we are near. This evolves to love. Of course there are exceptions, but right now I'm talking about only positive relations.

Learning to understand and tolerate people's differences is not an easy task. It takes a state of mind in which the self must remain receptive and open. Respect is an indispensable requirement.

I personally still have a lot to learn.

1 Comments:

At 1/14/2005 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mi Amigo Lupe,

I wish my Spanish was good enough to understand all of your postings. The postings in English are very interesting, and as deep as I suspected you were from the beginning. I count you among my friends, and from the feeling I get from the posting in Spanish, I think that they would also be interesting to understand fully. One thing puzzles me...the significance of Genghis Khan?

Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home